By Andrew Dodson on January 9, 2016 at 2:09am
From the creators of "Risk of Rain" comes "DEADBOLT," a stealth-action hybrid in which the player takes control of the Reaper to take down an undead uprising.
It is a stylish, impressive-looking game taking all the right cues from "Risk of Rain" and what looks like some aspects of "Gunpoint." As the reaper, the player has access to an impressive arsenal which they can use to complete missions, but they also have the reaper's biggest weakness: one shot and he's dead. Players will be forced to rely on stealth and playing smart in order to beat each level. Some other key features of the game include:
• Complete over 30 extremely challenging missions
• Unlock and obtain over 30 weapons, ranging from a reaper's scythe to an automatic grenade launcher
• Fight over 35 enemy types, ranging from zombies to vampires to bosses and more
• Choose your playstyle: quiet assassin, loud one-man army, or anything in between
• Gib them all! DEADBOLT's dynamic gore system guarantees that all evisceration leads to satisfaction
• Choose your own way to complete a mission - no mission has to be completed in one way
• Accomplish a variety of objectives, like assassinating gang leaders and investigating mysteries
"DEADBOLT" can already be found on Steam (but not purchased yet). It is due for release at some point early this year.