By Paolo Succi on October 30, 2013 at 5:21pm
Sony updated their official PS4 FAQ today hoping to address concerns future owners may have. In addition, they have officially released the lineup of titles we can expect at launch.
While there is a lot to digest in the massive document, we’ve taken the liberty of highlighting a few key points:
- The PS4 will not support external hard drives for game storage.
- Users can replace the PS4 stock hard drive if it is larger than 160 GB and is no thicker than 9.5mm.
- The PS4 will not support DLNA or media servers.
- At launch, the PS4 will not support YouTube file sharing or archived videos (although videos can be archived through Twitch.tv if the setting is enabled via PC).
- At launch, the PS4 will require a 300 MB day one update to enable the following: remote play, second screen, record/take screenshots, broadcast and spectate game play, download in background, party voice chat, facial recognition and voice commands, blue-ray disc and DVD player, and online multiplayer.
If you’ve pre-ordered the PS4 or plan to get one in the near future, the full post is worth a read. Details on the launch day update can be found here.