By Bryan Smith on September 29, 2015 at 10:14am
Posted on Xbox Wire, "Project Spark," Microsoft's creation tool game, is ditching its free-to-play model in favor of being completely free.
Microsoft will be transitioning the game to a "free incubation engine," where content will be more encouraged by the creators/players rather than from Microsoft. With that, that also means that future updates or content for "Conker's Big Reunion" are cancelled. The poor guy can't catch a break...
For those who purchased content before for "Project Spark," Microsoft is offering those who purchased content on or after July 28 Microsoft Store credit within 30-60 days after Oct. 5 when the transition will take place.
In addition, the following tweaks and alterations will be made to "Project Spark:"
- The maximum terrain limit in creations has been doubled.
- The maximum prop limit in creations has been increased by 500.
- 200+ new assets have been added in game, including a dragon, goblin warlord, bog biome and a set of new primitive building blocks.
- Each creator will now have a total of 100 Upload Slots for their creations.
- UGC ranking will be based on downloads and favorites, instead of upvote/downvote ratings.
- The Project Spark Marketplace has been removed.
- The Project Spark Tour and Treasure Trove have been removed.
- Achievements have been revamped for players and creators.